Brandi Kilmer is a mother of 5, two who have left the nest and three who are still learning to fly. She and her family have lived in Utah, London, Southern California, and now reside in Northern Virginia. While living in Southern California, Brandi developed a "welcoming heart" by volunteering as a Vocational English as a Second Language (VESL) teacher to newcomers from Syria, Mexico, Congo, Cuba, and Iraq and as a family mentor for a resettled Iraqi family. In the greater Washington D.C. area, she collaborates with refugee support organizations in storytelling projects, teaches ESOL to Catholic Charities Diocese of Arlington newcomer clients, and directs Their Story is Our Story U.S. and International Community Programs Teams. She likes to hike, paddleboard, and is a shameless sky worshiper.
- Why celebrate World Refugee Day?
- Advocacy: a privilege of citizenship
- Expanding University Involvement
- Idaho Conference on Refugees: Belonging Begins with Us
- When Helping Hurts
- Sponsor Circles: One way you can help Afghans resettle in the United States
- How You Can Help our Afghan Allies
- SPECIAL EDITION: Virginia 2021 General Assembly Legislative Session
- Lessons in Resiliency
- Thanksgiving: A Story of Resettlement
- Resettlement: A Human Journey Podcast
- One Journey Festival 2019
- 2019 World Refugee Day Celebrations, Washington D.C.