Afghanistan: Resettlement and How You Can Help in Virginia
Greater Washington DC Metro Area: Lutheran Social Services, Catholic Charities Migration and Refugee Services, and Ethiopian Community Development Council have been assigned by the Department of Homeland Security and the Office of Refugee Resettlement to handle the resettlement of all incoming Afghan refugees to Virginia.
Lutheran Social Services National Capital Area (LSSNCA) Fairfax, VA
Catholic Charities Migration and Refugee Services Arlington, Manassas, Fredericksburg
- Urgent needs for temporary and long-term housing in Fredericksburg, Sterling, and Woodbridge
- (Very) Gently used furniture donations
- Contact: Belayneh Loppisso | [email protected] | 571.292.2259
- Household items Amazon wishlist
- Collect winter items for their immigrant and refugee clients to help them prepare for colder weather.
- They are looking for: winter coats, hats, gloves, scarves, baby winter items, winter socks, and blankets of all sizes before September 24, 2021. See more information here.
Ethiopian Community Development Council (ECDC), Arlington
- Accepting Monetary Donations
- Volunteer: Apartment set up, Airport pickup, Transportation, Mentorship, Tutoring, ESL Aide, Co-Sponsorship
All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS) in Sterling is looking for volunteers who speak Dari and Pashto who can interpret via phone or onsite.
Richmond & Charlottesville have previously resettled Afghan SIVs and are hosting some Afghan arrivals to maintain close proximity with Afghan contacts.
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Richmond, Charlottesville
- Monetary donations
- Volunteers for apartment set up, transportation, and administrative support
- Temporary housing and rental property offerings
- In-kind donation drop-offs